Established in 2011 under the Corporate Laws of Nigeria, IGDA Nigeria is a non – profit organization and the local chapter of the International Games Developers Association (IGDA). We are a growing community of local professionals from all fields of game development – Programmers, Producers, Writers, Artists, QA and Localization. Our focus is to help shape and build our local industry through:
- Industry Meetups
- Special Interest Groups (SIG’s) to focus on key local issues in our industry.
- Focus on building the next generation of developers through skill impact programmes and events for students and professionals, hoping to be veterans in the industry.
- Advocacy through changes in our local industry by identifying and speaking out on key issues: Recognition of Talent, Localization.
- International collaboration by aiding local developers reach out to global partners and organization.
- Offering for professional development and educational programs: SIG’s, Scholars program
- Influencing regulations and public perceptions that affect the medium of games: Anti – Censorship Advocacy, Speakers Bureau.
Here are some of our efforts so far:
- Global Game Jam Lagos (GGJ Lagos); The World’s largest game jam event occurring annually in late January. GGJ Lagos brings together game enthusiasts, developers and industry professionals. The challenge is to build new game prototypes in a 48 hours’ time constraint. Visit www.ggjlagos.org for further info.
- African Game Conference; In collaboration with CYPHA Entertainment Ltd, Nigeria. AGC focus is to expand the perception of the gaming industry from mere video and computer game entertainment to an allied sector to corporate, social and other derivative areas of commerce, education and economic development. Visit www.agconf.com for further info.
IGDA Nigeria relies entirely on the volunteer work provided by countless members. The IGDA empowers everyone with the means to positively affect their career and the industry. Please contact us if you would like to support us or aid us in our above initiatives. View our membership benefits and see what the IGDA has to offer.
Benedict Olumhense is the Founder and Executive Director of the IGDA in Nigeria. Since founding the Chapter in 2011, he has led the association to run successful initiatives like the Global Game Jam in Lagos. He is a graduate of Urban & Regional Planning from the University of Lagos, where he gained knowledge to Environmental Design and Planning – a great exposure for Level Design and CAD systems. He is also currently attached to Microsoft Mobile and Devices Arm – Nokia, where he is the Team Lead for Mobile Device sales and service activation. He is also the President and Executive Director of CYPHA Entertainment Ltd.
Ibrahim Alani Onibudo is the African Representative of the ACM SIGGRAPH. He is a graduate of Architectural Technology from Lagos State Polytechnic, Lagos Nigeria. He brings a Creative experience of 14 years in design and Extensive CAD experience of 9 years in such industries as Oil/Gas, Architecture/ construction, and Telecoms. A former employee at Resourcery with skills on Autodesk products, such as: AutoCAD, Revit, 3D Max, Maya, Civil 3D. Learning experience on Intergraph products, such as: CADWorx, Caesar II, PV Elite.